Wednesday, June 19, 2013

First trip to the ER...

Okay so, it is kinda personal why in fact I even had to go to the hospital BUT... this experience was so horrible that I feel the need to blog about it :) So Monday morning I woke up and was getting ready for work and started to have a stomach ache. I thought was the "time of the month" cramps so I was just gonna suck it up and start my 45 min trek to work! As i was driving my stomach started to hurt a little more. Finally when I got to work I had to use the bathroom. and... let's just say blood was coming out of a certain area that it shouldn't come out of! I was kinda scared but continued my day! I called my mom and Daniel to see what they thought it was. Neither of them knew haha. In fact, any nurses we asked also didn't know! They gave us some options (which really weren't good ones) and THAT didn't comfort me at all!
I decided to leave work early and my mom and I went to an Urgent Care. And let me just say... this was the WORST service i have EVER received EVER!!! The check-in ladies were mean. Our first nurse was AWFUL and to top it off, the "doctor" was even worse! I had this horrible feeling while sitting in the lobby. It was just so sketchy and I felt really restless while sitting (partially because I felt like poop... no pun intended). When we finally got back to see the doctor a man who HARDLY SPOKE ANY ENGLISH ended up being the doc. "SERIOUSLY?!?!", I thought... this couldn't get any worse. Well, then he asked me to remove my pants.. AW HAIL NO, BRAH!! He made me feel super uncomfortable and ended up with me in tears! He told me we had to go to the ER ASAP.. which again.. made me feel just AWESOME! 
So...we made our way over to the ER. What a really really long process. Luckily, at least these guys were nice and very welcoming and that made me feel so much better. So first we waited in the waiting room for 30 min... then they moved us to another room to take some vitals and get more info about what was going on



I ended up having to get an IV because they were going to do a CT scan to see what was going on inside my stomach. This was probably the worst part of it cause the nurse missed the first time. and I was super uncomfortable because my stomach was killing me and now my body was starting to get sore. 


Finally after sitting very uncomfortably they moved me to a different place and made me drink this very gross substance mixed with apple juice. I had to drink it over the course of an hour. and by this time it's late and I'm exhausted and just want to know what's wrong!!!!! So I finally finished the gallon of substance and they took me for the CT Scan... and now THAT was weird. They injected the stuff in me and it literally left like I was wetting my pants! CRAY CRAY! After the CT scan we waited some more to see if we would finally get some results! They put more fluids in me since I was losing blood. FINALLY a doctor came in to see us and basically said they found nothing wrong. My next thought was "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" That stinky doctor sent us here to find out nothing?!?!? I basically just have a serve case of the flu. They gave me some antibiotics and something for the pain. 

I will say... I was a little disappointed that we didn't find out anything since this was something that wasn't normal AT ALL! But i did have to change my thinking and be very very grateful that there was, in fact, nothing wrong! I have been sick the past couple of days but do see that I am getting better. It took a good 6 hours to figure out that it was nothing but I would have rather figured it out then thinking that there was something seriously wrong and could have gotten worse if I didn't get the medication I needed! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. This is crazy. Alicia! That's so freaked out. I'm glad you're okay and that nothing was wrong, but... why couldn't they figure that out at the doctor's? Gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me... i was freaked out! haha! and that's the question I kept asking myself! So frustrating but have to be grateful!

      Delete